Our guest in today’s episode, Lisa Burnage, shares the same mission I have and that is to prepare, equip, and help women who are going through or are yet to go through all the changes and challenges midlife brings. We talk about Lisa’s experiences before she founded The School of Midlife and the O.R.G.Y method (and it’s not what you think). We also discuss what it means to let go of perfectionism to achieve progress, and much.
You don’t have to dread this stage of life, nor do you have to go through it alone. Listen to today’s episode now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- What begun The School of Midlife [1:59]
- Lisa shares how she feels doing the 180° in her life [4:52]
- What prompted Lisa to start a change [5:49]
- Discovering perimenopause [6:34]
- How not to care about people think [11:08]
- Defining your own gap year mindset [13:11]
- Little wins lead to motivation and action [19:42]
About the Guest:
Lisa Burnage is the founder of The School of Midlife and the proponent of the Oldies Reevaluation Gap Year (O.R.G.Y) method. She has more than two decades of experience as a corporate facilitator and executive coach. Lisa is also a self-proclaimed midlife activist with a mission of making midlife exciting and something to look forward to.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://www.menopausemovement.com/hormones)
- Check Lisa’s School of Midlife Website (https://www.theschoolofmid.life/)
- Connect with Lisa of Instagram (@theschoolofmid.life)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Tiny Habits (Paid link: https://amzn.to/36NSvor)
- Atomic Habits (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3ffjIUU)
- Lost Connections (Paid link: https://amzn.to/2IO5WMD)
- In Our Prime (Paid link: https://amzn.to/36SCMnQ)
- How to Be a Woman (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3kFM7UVI)
Thank you for tuning in!