The world is no longer as it used to be, this is a fact we have to face ever since the onslaught of COVID-19. We are now observing a new normal that we are still adjusting to. We have been quarantined for weeks, and with this disruption, we sometimes find ourselves no longer as productive as before or even doing things that we never considered to do in the past, thus the feelings of guilt and anxiety can start to overtake us.
In this podcast episode I open up and give an honest recount of some of the things I am dealing with during this disruption. I seek to give each one the encouragement you need and to tell you that feelings of ‘not being okay’ shouldn’t stress you out because IT IS OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY RIGHT NOW.
Tune in to this episode and know that you are not alone.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Maslow Hierarchy Diagram (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs)
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- The world is no longer as it used to be [0:26]
- If you’re feeling down, it’s okay [2:17]
- Anxiety due to the real risk this crisis poses [4:02]
- Being grateful [5:00]
- The Maslow Hierarchy [6:49]
- Why you should go easy on yourself [8:30]
- Awakening to a new reality [8:42]
- Challenge to do three things in line with your grand vision [9:12]
- Behavior change starts with a decision [9:43]
- Why guilt doesn’t help [10:41]
- Forgiveness starts with you [11:56]
- My choice today [12:35]
- Suffering is just an option [13:05]
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!