Many people want to start a business–especially when you start to think about the freedom, fulfillment, and even the financial rewards that come with it. But while it’s easy to daydream about what it would look like to acquire those things, the reality is that most of us don’t even know where to even begin.
In today’s episode, I welcome Ryan Levesque, the CEO of The ASK Method® Company and one of the industry’s highly-regarded personalities. He is a best-selling author of books on entrepreneurship like Choose which you’ll have access to through a link I shared in the resources section. Ryan talks about the four kinds of entrepreneurs and gladly shares the steps he took in starting a business and what he learned from it. He also explains why entrepreneurs should not focus all their energy on perfecting everything.
Tune in to this episode and start your entrepreneurial journey today!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
0:00 Introduction and Opportunity
4:32 The most important question to ask yourself
7:03 First steps to get started with your business
9:05 Deciding what your non-negotiables are
9:25 The four types of entrepreneurs
17:22 Ryan’s analogy on starting a business
18:57 What is a shadow side
20:57 Looking at the life pyramid
21:32 The value of the ripple effect
23:16 Excelling in the five Fs of your life
25:05 Other aspects of the shadow side
28:16 How Ryan uncovered the different types of entrepreneurs
32:33 Why detaching yourself from the outcome and focusing on the process matters
33:32 Obstacles you face in the early stages of your career and overcoming it
34:39 Getting it going instead of aiming for perfection
37:53 It’s either you earn or learn
39:25 Getting a coach
40:30 Pioneers and settlers in business
43:20 Honoring and banking on your ideas
44:19 Recognizing imposters syndrome
48:42 Ryan’s growth, journey, and takeaways
52:50 Choosing progress rather than perfection
About the Guest:
Ryan Levesque is an accomplished entrepreneur and best-selling author. He started his journey by establishing practice businesses and now has his own enterprise, The ASK Method® Company. Ryan was featured in different publications such as USA Today, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and Entrepreneur for his entrepreneurial work over the years. Currently, he has over 250,000 entrepreneur subscribers eager to read his business advice.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://www.menopausemovement.com/hormones)
- Business Type to Start Quiz (https://choosequiz.com/quiz-6-2/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business by Ryan Levesque (Use this link: https://cu262.isrefer.com/go/choose/Shelfster/)
- Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Formula to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy…Create a Mass of Raving Fans…and Take Any Business to the Next Level by Ryan Levesque (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3psRlGR)
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3iUPGHI)
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (Paid link: https://amzn.to/2Yl2I7N)
Thank you for tuning in!