You’ll never understand just how disruptive menopause is until you experience it yourself. It’s a totally different phase in life that sometimes you feel like there’s no getting out of it. Menopause, however, is not just about disruption but also a time of opportunity and reinvention. Experiencing the reward of reinvention, however, takes conscious work and effort—or even a series of trial and errors. The good thing is that you don’t have to go through all of it alone! Support and help is available.
In this week’s podcast episode, I talk to Andrea Donsky, a registered holistic nutritionist with over 20 years of experience. She shares her menopause experience and how she navigated through it to gain back control of her life. We also discuss the opportunity that menopause offers. She shares tips on getting rid of the dreaded meno-belly and how to take care of your well-being.
Listen to this episode to get the inspiration and encouragement you need to gain control of your life during menopause.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
0:00 Offer and Introduction
4:21 The need for women to support women
5:49 Developing awareness of the beliefs that drive our behaviour
6:10 A brief overview of what Andrea does
7:23 Menopause is not just a time of disruption
8:34 Andrea shares her biggest menopause struggle
10:19 The importance of frank communication
10:58 The reason menopause is so disruptive
12:00 How Andrea addressed her menopausal symptoms
14:12 What prompted Andrea to start her own business
16:04The importance and hardships of women partnerships
18:03 Train men and boys to treat women as equals
20:24 Teach girls and women to appreciate other women
23:33 Minimizing and letting go of drama
25:10 Experiencing betrayal and dealing with it
28:19 Reframing failure
30:00 Andrea’s business
34:05 How beliefs are imperative to achieving what we want
39:21 What is unjunking your junk food?
41:21 Look at the food you put into your bodies
42:57 Getting rid of that meno-belly
48:20 Taking care of yourself
About the Guest:
Andrea Donsky is a registered holistic nutritionist with over 20 years experience. Her passion in what she does has earned her multiple awards. She co-authored numerous books like Unjunk Your Junk Food, Label Lessons: Your Guide to a Healthy Shopping Cart, and Label Lessons: Unjunk Your Kid’s Lunch Box. Aside from that she also co-hosts a podcast and appears as a Healthy Living Expert on TV and radio.
Andrea founded NaturallySavvy.com an award winning website providing a safe and reliable environment to check out the latest news on healthy living. Just recently she opened her newest business venture Morphus, where fellow ‘pausers’ or menopausal women can learn from experts and support each other as they transition into their second act in life.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://www.menopausemovement.com/hormones)
- Visit Naturally Savvy (https://naturallysavvy.com/)
- Join We Are Morphus Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearemorphus/)
- Check out Morphus for Menopause on Apple Podcasts (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/morphus-for-menopause-menopause-reimagined/id1541865659)
- Listen to Andrea’s interview with Dr. G on Morphus for Menopause (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-31-improving-menopause-symptoms/id1541865659?i=1000502725087)
- Follow Andrea on Instagram (@andreadonsky)
- The Hindsight Window: Master Your State Of Being by Eric Edmeades (https://youtu.be/cD16oT4tqVs)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Deep Nutrition by Cate Shanahan (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3p7Q0oE)
- Unjunk Your Junk Food by Andrea Donsky and Randy Bayer with Lisa Tsakos (Paid link: https://amzn.to/2MdRlM3)
Thank you for tuning in!