The topic of sexuality is so sensitive that conversing about it even with your partner seems like a terrifying thing to do. However, the more one remains resistant to opening up about the issues surrounding their sexuality, the more this endangers your relationship and intimacy with your partner.
There is a need to remove the stigma regarding conversations about sex and intimacy, and that’s what Jessa Zimmerman, a certified sex therapist and couples’ counselor helps us with as she deals with these issues regularly. She aims to help couples understand the underlying issues of their problematic sexual lives and activities.
In today’s podcast episode, we will be talking about how Jessa got interested in sex therapy and how the topic of sexuality is still a taboo even among couples in this day and age. We will also discuss what desire discrepancy is, addressing people with sexual trauma, what expectations, fantasies and extreme beliefs about sex does to a couple, why she believes that ‘nothing is broken’, and a lot more.
It is never wrong to know more and talk about sexuality. Listen to today’s podcast episode!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- How Jessa became a sex therapist [2:24]
- Divorce, existential crisis, and perimenopausal [3:28]
- Effects of grief and loss to one’s sex life [6:23]
- Difficulties in talking about sexuality [7:41]
- Addressing incorrect beliefs about sexuality [9:17]
- Recovering from a rut [32:24]
About the Guest:
Jessa Zimmerman is an author, podcast host, and a certified sex therapist and couples counselor. She helps couples who are avoiding sexual activities because of negativity, stress, disappointment, and pressure. Jessa also coaches couples to overcome such experiences to enjoy and maintain a healthy intimate and sexual relationship.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Visit Jessa Zimmerman’s website (https://intimacywithease.com/)
- Listen to the Better Sex podcast (https://intimacywithease.com/podcast/)
- Download Jessa’s free resource (https://jessazimmerman.mykajabi.com/opt-in-e1c80391-fe9b-414f-937a-16daae78061a)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Sex without Stress (Paid Link: https://amzn.to/37w59KD)
Thank you for tuning in!