With the pace to which content is shared all over the internet, you can’t afford to be stuck in decades-old branding strategies. Luckily for us, social media platforms are there for the taking. From Facebook posts, real time updates on Twitter, and not-so-mundane stories and photos on Instagram, social media continues to be one, if not the most effective tool in promoting brand awareness for various industries the world over.
For entrepreneurs, that means you already have endless options for audience engagement. But there’s more to social media than just the freedom to post about your business, your life, and everything in between. Five Minute Social Media’s Jerry Potter is here with us today to provide valuable social media strategies and insights in this episode of The Menopause Movement Podcast.
If you’re a new or stuck business looking to grow through the world’s simplest social media strategies, Jerry shares some of them with us in this podcast, so tune in now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- How Jerry started out in social media [2:51]
- Celebrate each little milestone. Even the biggest names and brands started small [6:24]
- Purpose, before anything else [7:42]
- Get rid of the guilt of not being everywhere on social media [8:45]
- It’s okay not to be on every platform
- It’s okay not to do everything the competition is doing
- Don’t confuse to-do lists with goals
- Build authority and trust by “looking the part” on your platform
- Target your goals as you target your market
- Mundane is authentic
- Friendly reminder that likes do not pay the bills
- You either make mistakes and be fine or you make mistakes and you learn
- Once your platform get monetized, you’re on the right track
- Understand your platform and your audience
About the Guest:
Jerry is the founder of Five Minute Social Media where he’s been able to empower over 400,000 people around the world to do their own social media marketing. Jerry helps time-strapped entrepreneurs who are frustrated with social media simplify their processes. Moreover, Jerry has a proven process that helps businesses use social media efficiently and effectively.
With a long experience in radio, Jerry knows what it’s like to connect with people and communicate with a target audience.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Find out more about Jerry and his strategies (fiveminutesocialmedia.com)
- Connect with Jerry on Twitter (@mrjerrypotter)
Thank you for tuning in!