In this podcast, we welcome Monika Zasada as she shares with us the importance of having a comfortable home that stores your most prized possessions and the stories you’ve built there. We also discuss Monica’s roots which shaped her passion of bringing a home to life, the reality behind construction projects, managing expectations in renovations, and the joy of keeping a home that stores her beloved books.
If you’re looking to get a renovation for your home or if you want to know more about curating construction projects in general, this podcast is for you. Tune in now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- About a girl and her Polish home [3:42]
- From Poland to the Land of the Free [5:45]
- Bringing “castles” from books to people [8:33]
- Homes around the world from the curator’s eyes [9:11]
- A home is not a home if doesn’t make you feel safe [10:27]
- It’s never too early to talk about the money [14:34]
- The building industry’s uneven bidding field [17:26]
- Losing more on the lowest bidder [18:32]
- Let there be colour and light [22:14]
- Watching the scenes—and tasting them [45:10]
About the Guest:
Leaving Poland, Monika Zasada landed in the United States about two decades ago, with $10.00 in her pocket, her MA in American Literature, and a dream. Monika credits her creativity and passion for construction projects to her Polish childhood home, which she describes as nothing more than just a space where her family was cramped together. She takes pride in having every amount spent accounted for and delivering quality renovations. Like a musical conductor, Monika will assemble, direct, and keep your project’s team of design professionals and crews accountable—or she will.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Aim for the renovation you deserve by checking Monika’s website (http://de-mazing.com/)
- Sex & Construction: What do they have in common? Find out now! (https://astounding-experimenter-2394.ck.page/7765250114)
Read the books mentioned in this episode:
- The Robert Collier Letter Book by Robert Collier (Paid link: https://amzn.to/34izIA5)
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3l6F34t)
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (Paid link: https://amzn.to/2SibPDh)
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville (Paid link: https://amzn.to/3lc4e5P)
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (Paid link: https://amzn.to/2HOUCPY)
Thank you for tuning in!