Because of the current state of the world, more people are working from home. Having a healthy lifestyle does not stop at looking healthy and eating healthy. It also means having a healthy mindset, developing a culture of commitment to your daily needs, being in tune with your body, and knowing when and how you should have interruptions. Why are all these necessary?
Joining us in today’s episode is personal trainer and yoga instructor Megan Nolan. In this episode, we focus on yoga and its proven benefits to keeping a positive and empowered energy around you and your body, especially in this stay-at-home season where your movement may be limited.
We discuss how yoga positions have their purpose, how different approaches to the practice caters to different people, and how you can make it a fuller experience!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Megan gives a brief introduction of herself [2:46]
- What Megan’s role is and who she serves [3:27]
- Getting started [3:44]
- Responding to potential clients who don’t find yoga convincing [4:03]
- Setting reminders for a more invigorating day [12:35]
- Different programs [27:02]
About the Guest:
Megan Nolan is a personal trainer and yoga instructor with over 15 years of experience. She is on a mission to help busy entrepreneurs commit to consistent yoga practices so they are vibrantly energized and taking empowered actions toward their big dreams.
With her record as a personal trainer and her continued work bringing yoga to the community, you can be sure that Megan is passionate about helping people re-energize and reset their focus for a productive, happy, and healthy lifestyle.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Visit Megan’s website to know about starting your practice (https://www.yogaatmydesk.yoga/)
- Check out Megan’s free gift to help you relieve tension, sit taller, and give you a boost of energy and focus right at your desk (www.yogaatmydesk.yoga/painintheneck)
- Connect with Megan on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yogaatmydesk/)
Read the books mentioned in this episode:
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (Paid link: https://amzn.to/36ofWG2)
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor (Paid link:https://amzn.to/34cu8iQ)
Thank you for tuning in!