Most women consider menopause as a stage of loss—we lose our youth, our beauty, our relevancy, and our sexuality. Because of the beliefs that were programmed into our brain since childhood, we start believing that you lose your identity upon reaching the menopausal period. However, that doesn’t mean we have to stop growing and living a spark-filled life.
In this week’s podcast episode, I talk with Annabel Wilson, founder, and director of Living Ashram. Five years ago, she embarked on an incredible journey of awakening to purpose. On this journey, she found the key to living a juicy, spark-filled life which she willingly shares through the Living Ashram app.
In our conversation, we talked about how beliefs shape our reality, the importance of examining our beliefs, about spiritual longing, guilt and shame and its consequences, the essence of forgiveness, and how to find out what your core values are.
If you are someone who wants to continue blazing your own path after menopause and live a purposeful life, this episode is for you. Listen to this podcast and level up your life now!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Annabel’s journey towards the creation of the Living Ashram app [05:05]
- Her goal of becoming the healthiest version of herself [06:13]
- The real journey towards finding purpose starts at home [08:18]
- What the Living Ashram app is about [09:12]
- The meaning of breakthrough and its relevance to finding purpose [12:46]
- Examining your beliefs can give you that breakthrough [14:20]
- Awakening to your purpose brings back spirituality [16:42]
- The essence of forgiveness and gratitude practice [28:14]
- Embrace your femininity [35:43]
- Finding the joy in what you do [41:18]
- Identifying where you feel in lack of [45:57]
- Reflecting on frustrating moments can unlock your core values [47:57]
- Listen to your emotions and unanswered needs [52:08]
- Start meeting our own needs [53:02]
- Working with your inner child [54:53]
About the Guest:
Annabel Wilson is the founder and director of Living Ashram. Formerly the managing partner of Athena Equity Partners, she devoted her time to finding the antidote to universal disconnection, anxiety, fear, suffering, and overall lack of wellbeing.
Her wish is for humanity to stop beating themselves up and start forgiving themselves. She is also dedicated to helping people become the healthiest version of themselves through the Living Ashram.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Visit Annabel Wilson’s website (https://livingashram.com/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- A Course in Miracles (https://amzn.to/2AqwiQZ)
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Pramahansa Yogananda (https://amzn.to/2VHw9jt)
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer (https://amzn.to/3gniQNi)
- May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein (https://amzn.to/3eYxlqg)
- The Alphabet Versus the Goddess by Leonard Shlain (https://amzn.to/2YRS6hY)
- It’s Not Your Money by Tosha Silver (https://amzn.to/38kEajE)
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!