Racism is real and not something new but continues to go unaddressed because there has been little to no acknowledgment of how it is affecting us as a society. Another thing that’s real is that our traditions and beliefs shape who we are, and that it can either empower us or limit us to becoming our best selves.
In this week’s podcast episode, I talk with SharRon Jamison, she tells us of her experiences with racism. She also talks about the difference between truth and beliefs, and how we can walk into the fullness of our humanity without the stamp of societal, religious, or institutional approval. She also encourages women in midlife and menopause to stand up today and ‘not settle’ because it is the most powerful time to do so, considering the influence we already have, and the importance of loving yourself and others as it is the path to becoming your best self.
Tune in to this episode.
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
- SharRon’s background [4:44]
- What it means to ‘not settle’ for what society tells us [5:46]
- Broadening beliefs about who God is [9:36]
- Reasons why midlife and menopause is powerful [14:19]
- Differentiating truth and beliefs [15:11]
- Dr. G tells of her realization of the racism she was raised with [18:55]
- Challenging one’s belief about race [19:42]
- The importance of self-revelation [20:37]
- Discomfort [21:16]
- The role women in midlife play today [24:36]
- SharRon’s experience with racism [27:16]
- Why we can’t afford to generalize because of our experiences [32:22]
- Knowing other cultures to better yourself [33:58]
- Shifting your perspective for big changes to happen [35:33]
- Truth does not need defense (defense as a marker for a lie) [36:01]
- SharRon shares how what she does moves women into more profit [42:46]
- PESTS [45:41]
- Passed down beliefs
- PESTS [45:41]
- Question: What would you tell people if you had five minutes to speak? [46:44]
- Loving yourself and loving others [50:52]
About the Guest:
SharRon holds a BA from Hampton University and a MBA from Nova Southeastern University; and is currently pursuing her Masters of Divinity degree at the Interdenominational Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
She works for a Fortune 500 company and she currently serves as a minister at the Victory for the World Church in Stone Mountain, Ga.
SharRon is also the author of the award-winning book, ” I Have Learned A Few Things”.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Visit SharRon’s website: (https://sharronjamison.com/)
- SharRon’s coaching program: You Can Depend On You (https://sharronjamison.com/you-can-depend-on-you/)
- Follow SharRon on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/sharronjamison/)
- Subscribe to SharRon’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUlOsKmWW25ij1K_y1FlF-A)
- Visit SharRon’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/DaretoSoarHigher/)
- Follow SharRon on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SharRonJamison)
- The Alphabet Versus the Goddess (https://amzn.to/2YrK8L1)
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!