For a woman going through menopause, life is no longer as it was before, but this shouldn’t stop us from wanting better. Something can be done should you choose change and take action, and remember, help is available be it in the form of The Menopause Movement or consulting with other experts like our podcast guest today.
In this week’s episode I bring to you Dr. John Carrozzella, an expert in hormone replacement, sexual health & dysfunction, and age management for both men and women. Dr. Carrozzella witnessed firsthand the horror of menopause with his first wife, they sought help from numerous doctors and were able to get optimal results when they consulted with a hormone expert. From then on, it has been Dr. Carrozzella’s mission to help as many people as he can with their hormone problems.
Tune in to this informative episode today!
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Visit Dr. John Carrozzella’s website for more information (https://www.hormonesandwellness.com/patients/new-patients/)
- Intermittent Fasting for Today’s Aging Woman (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/tmm-podcast-episode-032-intermittent-fasting-for-todays-aging-women-with-dy-ann-parham/)
- Which Intermittent Fasting Method is Right for You (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/which-intermittent-fasting-method-is-right-for-you/)
- The Power of Pleasure with Julia Lally (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/the-power-of-pleasure-with-julia-lally/)
- Increasing Your Pleasure Using The Jade Egg with Julia Lally (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/tmm-podcast-episode-049-increasing-your-pleasure-using-the-jade-egg-with-julia-lally/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Wheat Belly by William Davis (https://amzn.to/3ej4SuU)
- Deep Nutrition by Dr. Catherine Shanahan (https://amzn.to/3e5Dn88)
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
- How Dr. John Carrozzella transitioned to becoming a hormone expert [4:52]
- Story of when Dr. Carrozzella left traditional medicine [10:58]
- Problems private practitioners deal with patients and insurance companies [11:26]
- Hormone therapy in menopause [17:49]
- Symptoms of low testosterone in men and women [22:17]
- The problem with tests conducted for men and women [25:39]
- Positive responses with testosterone and women [28:01]
- Addressing weight gain issues for women in menopause [28:32]
- Why hormonal imbalance is associated with weight gain or weight loss [32:00]
- The Hashimoto disease [35:11]
- Weight management and being healthy [40:47]
- The direct correlation between hormones and diseases associated with aging [44:44]
- Pellets for hormone therapy [46:58]
- Costs of a consultation and treatment from Dr. John Carrozzella [49:33]
- Sexual rejuvenation [53:32]
About the Guest:
Dr. John Carrozzella was an orthopedic surgeon for 25 years before he switched his focus to the non-traditional medical centers of hormone replacement sexual health and dysfunction and age management.
In August 2016, Dr. Carrozzella was awarded a master’s degree in metabolic and nutritional medicine from the University of South Florida. He became a diplomat of the American Board of anti-aging and regenerative medicine in 2013. He carries a certificate in Sexual Medicine from the American Academy of anti-aging medicine, a certificate in advanced endocrinology from the University of South Florida and a certificate in advanced bioidentical hormone therapy from Worldlink medical.
He currently practices in Orlando, Florida where he serves the needs of patients with hormonal deficiencies, sexual dysfunction, incontinence, nutritional imbalances and age management issues.
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!