That’s what we’re here to find out in our third episode of “The Best of The Menopause Movement Podcast” series. Today, we’ll take a deep dive into what makes us tick as we re-release our 19th episode featuring Stephanie Davis, an enneagram expert and a trainer educated in business, psychology, and systems theory.
Today, we have another truly informative and fascinating episode as we learn more about the enneagram, the nine different types and their general characteristics, and what your type might be.
Learn more about self-discovery through the enneagram today by tuning in to this episode!
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- The enneagram is a deep dive into what makes you tick. Unlike other personality systems, it goes deeper than behaviors [2:28]
- Oscar Ichazo came up with the enneagram of Personality in the 70s, taking psychology and ego development and mapping it on the symbol [4:23]
- What you can get from learning the enneagram is a perpetual self-busting machine. You start to see things about yourself that you never realized [8:39]
- In the enneagram, what makes you your type is how “messed up” you are when it comes to your heart/passion (emotional distortion), head/fixation (mental distortion), and gut/subtype (instinct) [12:02]
- There is a key emotion for each triad. Within each triad are three types: one type tends to overdo the key emotion, the other is the opposite, and the last has a weird relationship with it [16:42]
- An example of the gut triad. Gut triad: it’s all about the boundaries, and their key emotion is anger [18:06]
- There are no accurate enneagram tests. We pick up our behaviors from our parents and social expectations. This wiring is not something you can include in a test, and the most it can do is give you a starting point of where to look [25:27]
- The gut triad (1, 8, 9), what makes them tick, their ego, and how they react [26:56]
- Type 1 [26:01]
- Type 8 [26:56]
- Type 9 [29:33]
- Type 2 [33:33]
- Type 3 [37:26]
- Type 4 [42:25]
- Type 5 [57:45]
- Type 6 [1:00:58]
- Type 7 [1:07:46]
About the Guest:
Stephanie Davis is a certified Enneagram Teacher accredited by the International Enneagram Association with 30 years of experience teaching the Enneagram to big businesses and organizations. An international trainer educated in Business, Psychology, and Systems Theory, she has trained thousands of people worldwide.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer (https://amzn.to/30ytjjK)
- The Complete Enneagram by Beatrice Chestnut (https://amzn.to/33XWo7C)
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile (https://amzn.to/2NY7KD0)
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Riso and Russ Hudson (https://amzn.to/35dOG9n)
Connect with me on Facebook and follow me on Instagram. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Menopause Movement Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!