Most women perceive menopause as the end of their lives. But the truth is, there’s still a lot of life left for you to explore during this stage. Join me, Dr. Michelle Gordon, and my friends as we embrace the journey ahead.
In this episode, we will explore the wonderful city of Barcelona. We’ll set out to explore St. Joseph Market to have a look at the variety of fruits, vegetables, meat, spices, and candy. Then, we’ll get our feet moving in our Flamenco dance lessons with Mayra Soldevila in her very own dance school. She will be teaching us about body movement and being in touch with music and rhythm.
After that, we’re going to talk about hormones and health. Some of the ladies will be sharing their insights about exercise, body image, and keeping that zest for life.
Let me give you a quick rundown of this episode:
- (01:52) Visiting St. Joseph Market and indulging in the sights and smells of fresh produce and numerous stalls
- (03:45) Importance and benefits of organ meat—how this food can provide nutrients like collagen and vitamins, unlike grains.
- (05:37) The beauty of Barcelona: breathtaking architecture, the unique design of the buildings, and the amazing people
- (08:16) Learning the Flamenco dance and appreciating it as an old Spanish tradition
- (12:58) Getting inspired by the performance of Mayra Soldevilla
- Receiving certificates for completing the dance class
- (15:04) Reflecting on self-image and body positivity
- (16:21) Finding the form of exercise that is right for you
- (17:55) Positive effects of exercise on menopausal symptoms such as night sweats and hot flushes
- Being conscious of bodily changes especially with feeling new kinds of pain
- (22:16) Realizations about the history of menopause
- (24:13) Understanding portion differences in Europe and America and how that affects a person’s eating habits
That’s it for this episode! Today’s adventure had a lot of insight about managing menopausal symptoms and keeping a brighter outlook on the years ahead. It is essential to remind ourselves that life is short, but there are always opportunities out there to experience. While doing so, we should keep our body and mind’s health a top priority by devoting time to proper exercise and diet.
Stay tuned for the next episode; we gather all the ladies together to reflect and reminisce about the whole adventure. We’ll talk about its ups and downs, and how it changed who we are. Don’t forget to check the other episodes on iTunes, Omny, or wherever you get your podcasts.
For more help and guidance on healthy living in your menopause years, check my website, and don’t forget to take this quiz to know your unique menopause slimming type to help you with planning your fitness goals.
Join our Facebook community at Menopause Movement With Dr Michelle Gordon.
Follow me on Facebook at Dr Michelle Gordon.
Thank you for listening! I’m looking forward to sharing the next leg of our adventure with you.