In this week’s podcast episode, I talk with Amy Perras, a high school teacher, and life coach. We talk about narcissistic relationships and how they can affect the way you live your life. We also talk about how by having negative thoughts and beliefs, we create our own demons that we have a hard time grappling with.
In our discussion, we also talk about the definition of gaslighting and how narcissistic behavior can lead to stress and infertility.
Start living the life that you want by listening to this episode now.
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
- Why Amy took the path she chose [3:27]
- Living with narcissists [4:21]
- Craving for motherly love [5:26]
- Unraveling that metaphorical cage [7:32]
- How Amy’s childhood affected how she perceived relationships [12:56]
- Miracles happen from a change in our brain [18:49]
- Spiritual practice is whatever you make of it [24:22]
- How to deal with narcissists [33:19]
- A healthy relationship has to do with listening and boundaries [35:38]
- Our thoughts become our reality [38:37]
- Patriarchy has everything to do with over-functioning [44:12]
- The Word of God has been filtered through the imperfect mind of men [49:09]
- The Big Bang Theory and the Word of God [51:34]
- The link between stress and infertility [55:33]
- The key to recovering from a narcissistic relationship is to forgive [56:20]
- When a relationship doesn’t feel healthy, breathe [57:33]
About the Guest:
Amy Perras is the author of the bestselling book ‘Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid Woman.’ She is a certified life coach who helps women get out of narcissistic relationships. During the day, she is an English & Speech Teacher.
She believes in women empowerment and is dedicated to helping people find their purpose in life.
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Join in on the next beta group (https://bit.ly/betawait)
- Visit Amy Perras’ website (https://amyperras.com/)
- Subscribe to her channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCezXwGsWFQlepf7XdWTJaug)
- Listen to her podcast ‘Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid’ (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aint-gonna-be-no-stupid/id1517316881)
- Follow her on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/aintgonnabenostupid/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (https://amzn.to/30Ba8ol)
- Becoming Supernatural by Joe Dispenza (https://amzn.to/32Yu1IT)
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza (https://amzn.to/39leZh9)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda (https://amzn.to/32LdUOp)
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran (https://amzn.to/2CEtyAD)
- A Course in Miracles by Foundation for Inner Peace (https://amzn.to/39lN0Ot)
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and John Townsend (https://amzn.to/3jzxuTK)
- Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid Woman by Amy Perras (https://amzn.to/3hrgv49)
- Alphabet Versus the Goddess by Leonard Shlain (https://amzn.to/32LukGH)
- Ten Lies the Church Tells Women by J Lee Grady (https://amzn.to/3htqAxw)
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!