In this week’s episode, Miki Sturges shares very important insights regarding the reality of domestic violence and how a lot of women are suffering especially during this pandemic. As a woman who experienced abuse herself, Miki talks about the signs of abuse, using codes to ask for help, how to plan an escape now, and the importance of rewiring your brain to get out of the victim mentality.
If it’s freedom you want or you want to help someone being abused, this is the episode for you.
- Come and visit my website at (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/)
- Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/)
- Join the Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon Online Community
- Connect with me on Instagram (@drmichellegordon)
- Follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DrMichelleGordon)
- Connect with Miki on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/coachingwithmiki)
- Follow Miki on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mikisturges/)
- Join the Rise Up Women Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/riseupwomenmovement/)
- Visit Miki’s website (https://mikisturges.com/)
- Episode 20 Healing from the Past with Miki Sturges (https://www.drmichellegordon.com/tmm-podcast-episode-020-healing-from-the-past-with-miki-sturges/)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Educated by Tara Westover
What’s Discussed In This Episode:
- Reason why reports on domestic abuse cannot be trusted [7:22]
- Signs of domestic abuse [9:26]
- The use of a ‘code’ to ask for help [13:42]
- The necessity of planning an escape in this pandemic [15:42]
- Understanding your worth and believing that you can do it [22:12]
- When family members/pets are abused [23:43]
- Removing the fantasies that keep you from being free [26:29]
- How Miki rewired her view of love [29:30]
- Understanding that God has a plan for you and suffering isn’t what He wants [30:21]
- Rewiring your brains to get out of the victim mentality [32:48]
About the Guest
Miki Sturges is a life coach, passionate about helping women get out of the feeling of unworthiness, insecurity, and hopelessness and find their God-given greatness so that they can live a life filled with joy, security, and hope and be free to go after their dreams!
Thank you for tuning in!
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!